University departments wanting to reserve rooms for regular meetings, events or activities are encouraged to make reservations as early as possible, up to 6 months in advance.
Individuals needing meeting rooms should make reservations online, by e-mail or by phone at least 48 hours in advance. Requests made less than 48 hours in advance are subject to availability.
Changes or cancellations can be made by phone or email by the contact person who made the original reservation request to the Office of Campus Reservations & Events (573-884-8793).
Please note that events and other event activities (registration tables, etc.), are not allowed in front of permanent memorials in the Memorial Student Union
It is the responsibility of the University department to bear any related costs for the event including but not limited:
- Facility rental
- Room rental charges
- If rooms are reserved, not used, and not canceled 48 hours prior to a scheduled meeting/event.
- If the event requires additional use of facility and restrooms.
- If a room setup is requested outside of the preset configuration for that room.
- If room request is for Stotler Lounge (all sections), 2206 ABC. $75 ballroom/large meeting room fee will be assessed.
- If a meeting is scheduled earlier or later than normal building hours.
- If the setup is for a large event (100+ people) or over and is the event continues after 11 PM
- If any furniture must be moved to accommodate the event.
- If overnight storage is requested.
- If rental equipment is requested such as a dance floor, staging or certain audio-visual equipment.
- If the event requires additional security, ground services and additional staff
- If the event requires additional utilities and other materials
- If the event and organization request a last minute change, equipment or other assistance (within 1 hour prior to the event start time). Each sequential request will incur an additional request charge. This $5 Last Minute Convenience Charge(s) which will be added to your invoice.
- If the room is left in a condition that requires extra cleaning.
- If the room request is the same day as the event date, a Same Day Reservation fee will be assessed in addition to other charges.
Audio-Visual equipment requests should be made when making the original reservation. Last minute additions of A/V equipment will incur a charge including the Last Minute Convenience Charge. Equipment provided in rooms is to stay in the room where they are reserved. Groups will be charged if reserved equipment that is damaged, or if equipment becomes lost or stolen.
MoCode and PS account numbers are required at the time of reservation to charge associated costs. Invoices are sent promptly via email to the contact information after the event has completed and include all additional charges incurred before, during and after the event. MoCodes provided are typically charged within 10 business days.