Skip to main content
Need a Permit?
- If your event is planning on having alcohol, you will need to obtain an Alcohol Permit from MU Operations. Alcohol permits must be obtained by the customer no less than four weeks in advance of the event. An alcohol permit must be obtained through the MU Operations at 573-882-7254. A copy of the alcohol permit must be submitted to the Reservations Office two weeks prior to the event.
- All food that is brought into the Union requires a food permit unless the food is catered by an approved caterer or packaged. Food permits must be obtained by the customer no less than two weeks in advance of the event. A food permit must be obtained through the MU Health and Safety Sanitarian at (573)882-7018. A copy of the food permit must be submitted to the Unions and on display in the location of the event.
Open Flame Permits
- Guests who wish to utilize candles, grills and any additional equipment that requires an open flame are asked to procure an approved open flame permit through the MU Environmental Health and Safety. A copy of the approved open flame permit must be submitted to the Unions and on display in the location of the event.
- Please note that not all room locations allow for open flame and will be denied.
- Open flame permits can be obtained at Environmental Health & Safety - Open Flame Permit
- All recognized student organizations that plan to host any type of event in which money is exchanging hands in the Memorial Student Union or MU Student Center must follow Unions procedures and are required to secure an approved fundraising permit via Organization Resource Group.
- The Unions reserves the right to deny access to any group promoting products or services that are in direct competition with current interests within the Union buildings. The Unions also retains the right to deny access to a group based upon the needs and/or best interests of the University of Missouri.
- All fundraising permits are required prior to the event.
- To obtain a fundraising permit, recognized student organizations should visit OrgSync - Fundraising Permit Form.